The default location for user files can be found in the following directories:
- Windows XP - <Installed Drive>\Documents and Settings\<Current User Name>\My
- Windows Vista / Windows 7 - <Installed Drive>\Users\<User Name>\WineBanq
User files are any files that are not directly related to the running of the application.
- Database files
- Configuration files
- Import and Export files
- Custom Reports and custom charts
- Search filter files
The advantage of this approach is is that each user setup for the local computer
can now have their own cellar. The location of data files can be changed in the
System Settings and Configuration Options.
Running WineBanq for the first time.
When you first start winebanq (or Home Winemaster), you will have no data in the
system to use for your cellar records. To help get you started, we recommend you
adopt the following approach:
1/ If you have upgraded from a previous version or have data stored in another format,
the best approach is to import this data first. We also recommend that you only
import the reference data (wineries, varieties etc) that is directly associated
with wines in your cellar.
If you do not have data you wish to import, you may skip this step.
To import the data from previous versions of the program:
- Click on the Wine Cellar tab.
- Select Import Data.
- Select the version that you wish to import.
- Click on the ellipsis button in Choose the data location.
- Navigate to and select the database and press Open.
- Follow the remaining prompts to import your existing data.
2/ Download reference data. winebanq provides a large amount of reference data online.
Reference data can be items such as:
- Wine Regions
- Wine Categories
Wherever possible, we recommend that you make use of the WineBanq reference data
as this will help with future planned improvements.
To download the reference data:
- Start winebanq (or Home Winemaster)
- Click on the Wine Cellar tab
- Click on the Download Reference Data button
- Select which information you wish to download and Click Next
- Follow the remainder of the prompts
For more information on how to enter wineries, regions, varieties etc that are not
currently listed, please review the user guide.
Entering Wines into your cellar
When entering wines into your cellar, you can choose to enter as much or as
little information as you like. winebanq has only two mandatory
fields that must be entered. These are:
If, for example, the winery or variety is not listed, just click on the Edit
button to enter the new details in the new screen provided, clieck Save and
winebanq allows you to enter as many bottles of a wine as you
like. One of the best ways to save time and keystrokes when entering multiple
bottles is to:
- Enter all of the details for the first bottle.
- Click on the New button located at the bottom left hand corner. Any new bottles
will have the same information as the first bottle. You can then go on to change
any specific details like cellar location.
winebanq is a registered trademark of Deverry Pty Ltd Trading As
FirstPress in Australia.